Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Queen for a Day

.
Wow, what a great weekend! I had a ball at Dunkleys - it was fun to catch up with my customers (both old and new!). I'll post some pictures of my stall later on this week.

And I've also been busy with all the orders for the DSP that's on special! I wanted to show you this page I made with the fabulous Pink Flamingo papers. This page is cased from a page I saw here - I would never have thought to use the papers like this, but I love the effect it gives!


I especially love how the papers are used by cutting out various elements to use as embellishments on the page. How many times have you found a beautiful piece of paper but thought it was too lovely to use? Or the pattern was too "busy" to use on a page? By using just a little bit of paper, or by cutting out images from it, you can create a beautiful layout - or even a whole co-ordinating scrapbook from one pack of DSP!


I've also used the technique of colouring in chipboard letters then lacquering them with Crystal Effects - an easy way to ensure you always have matching letters for your layout!

The subject of this page is my beautiful niece Moana. Isn't she just the cutest?! I was lucky enough to be in Sydney when she turned two in January, so got this priceless pic of her wearing her new princess garb (only a few moments after this photo was taken that crown was off!!).


If you would like to order this paper at the special price of $12.97 (usually $19.95) then email me before 10pm tonight (Tuesday) so that I can place your order before the special price expires.

I'll be posting the new Deal of the Week tomorrow morning (after 2am when I find out what it is!) so come back and check it out. If you would like the deal emailed directly to you then please join my mailing list by entering your email address in the box on the right hand side of this page. I promise not to spam you, and you are free to unsubscribe at any time!

Catch you tomorrow and happy crafting!

1 comment:

Roz Begbie said...

That's a lovely page Ria, exquisite cutting out too!