Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Deal of the Week #2... and a page I've been meaning to post!

.
Throughout the month of June, Stampin’ Up! is bringing out a new deal every week! With the Deals of the Week, you’ll get up to 50% off a selection of products from the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalogue!

This week’s deals: Save 35-40% on selected Designer Series (double-sided) paper packs!

Haiku - $11.97 (rrp $19.95)

Tea Party - $11.97 (rrp $19.95)

Pink Flamingo - $12.97 (rrp $19.95)

Raspberry Tart - $12.97 (rrp $19.95)

Sweet Slumber - $18.17 (rrp $27.95)

There is no limit to the number of DSP packs you can purchase at the special prices, and no minimum order is required (5% will be added to your order total to cover postage and packaging). If you would like to order any of these papers at the special price you have until Tuesday 15 June at 10pm when I will be putting my order in, so place an order now!


Bronte Beach

Now for the page I've been meaning to post for the last two weeks... One of my customers once asked me whether I ever do any "plain" scrapbooking. I had to laugh, as I confess that most of the pages I do have at least a little embellishing on them! But that question sparked a challenge for me - to make a "plain" page! And this is what I came up with:


This is my most favourite beach in all of Sydney, Australia! Bronte is a small family-oriented beach, just two beaches south of the famous Bondi Beach (Tamarama beach is in between the two). At the southern end of the beach is a sheltered rock pool (the Aborigines call it a bogey hole) where young children can swim safely, and there is also a gorgeous ocean pool where swimmers can train by doing laps (the pool is 30 metres long) or teenagers can jump off the cliff into the deep end! During the Christmas holidays when I was visiting my brother and his family I spent many happy days in this pool, either alone or with my nephews.

I thought the photos of Bronte Beach would be perfect for my "plain" page, and I wanted to lay them out so that (1) they would showcase the many beautiful views, and (2) they would appear to be like a window that the viewer is looking out from. I love this page and the memories it brings back to me (isn't that what scrapbooking is all about - preserving your precious memories!).

The one addition I made to this page was to ink the chipboard letters with Pacific Point (to match the background cardstock) and then cover them in Crystal Effects, which is a clear dimensional lacquer that gives these letters such a wonderful shine!

I hope you like my "plain" page! And if you want to know more about it please feel free to contact me!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue
Ink: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue
Stamps: Pure & Simple Alphabet (retired)
Other: On Board Loads of Letters, Crystal Effects, Sponge Dauber
.

No comments: