Friday, June 18, 2010

Dunkleys Whangarei 2010

.
Dunkleys last weekend was a great success! Thanks so much to all of you who stopped by to say hi to me and my team of wonderful "angels": Kay, Liz, Christine and Judy - I am so lucky and blessed to have you as friends! Here are a selection of the pics (as promised - although a little late!) from the show:


I have been trying out my collage-making skills, so the above pic shows (from top left) me setting up the display, me at the stall, me giving a demonstration of how to stamp using markers (watched by Kay and customer), and Brenda McLeish, a fellow demonstrator from the far north, manning the stall on the Saturday.

Then we have more pics of me at the stall, some of my displays, and "angel" Judy with Karen (left), who is one of my customers and a very accomplished scrapbooker herself!

One of the highlights of the show for me was to give away a basket filled with Stampin' Up! goodies to one lucky person who filled in the door prize form during the weekend. The basket contained 36 sheets of assorted cardstock, two punches, three stamp sets, two Classic ink pads, two rolls of ribbon, two glue pens and a Versamark ink pad. I was so pleased when the winner was drawn and it was...

...Trees van Ruth from the Papermill in Whangarei!

The Papermill is a Charitable Trust that trains people with disabilities or special needs in the art of paper-making, as well as creating incredible works of art with these handmade papers. It was an honour to deliver the prize basket to Trees at the Papermill and to see the amazing papers, some made from materials from the Papermill's own garden! Trees said she was thrilled to receive the basket, but was especially thrilled with the punches, as some of her clients had tried them out at the show and were very keen on them. And I was thrilled that the prize had gone to such a great organisation! For more information on the Papermill please visit their website at www.papermill.co.nz - they are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm, and are well worth a visit if you are in Whangarei.

Lastly, but certainly not least, a BIG thanks to Christine, one of my angels and also the chief "paparazzi" for me during stall set up and first day, as well as at the prize-giving. Christine left her sick hubby at home on the Thursday before the show to help me with set up, so a special thanks to Pat for lending her to me in his time of need!!

Be sure to tune into my blog on Wednesday for the last of the Deals of the Week for June, or subscribe to my newsletter if you want to see it hot-off-the-press! I will also try to blog the projects I made at our Creative Inkers team training on Saturday in Auckland - just have to put the finishing touches to them and then charge up the camera!!

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your stall looked awesome !!